|CDFD is engaged in number of educational activities and human resources development of highest quality. The activities can be broadly categorized as below:
- CDFD admits 20 Research Scholars every year under its Research Scholar Program and the students are encouraged to apply for Ph D program from either Manipal University, Manipal or University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- CDFD admits about 20 summer fellows sponsored jointly by the three Science academies, every year.
- CDFD admits research staff in various categories, as per requirement, under Extra Mural funded projectsi.
- CDFD has entered into agreement with Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) for training personnel in the field of Medical Genetics.
Research Scholars Program: Admission to Research Scholars Program is usually advertised twice a year in leading newspapers across the country and also on our website. We invite applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to undertake research in frontier areas of modern biology, for admission to our Research Scholars program. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars are encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education or Regional Centre for Biotechnology.
Admission to the CDFD Research Scholars program is made based on the following criteria
1. A Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture OR MBBS from a recognized University/ Institute.
2. Applicants must have qualified CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE NET JRF / UGC – RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or JEST. Candidates are short listed based on multiple round of interviews which may be preceded by a LAN-based examination.
Summer Research Fellowship internship program conducted by CDFD is an 8 weeks intense training program designed especially for students of B.Sc /B.Tech/M.Sc in Universities / Colleges. Admission to this summer program is conducted jointly by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and National Academy of Sciences India, Allahabad.
Dissertation based Research Training Programme:
Admission to Dissertation based Research Training Programme is usually advertised once a year on our website. The training is conducted for a period of 4 – 6 months. The selected candidate is allowed to spend the time in one of the several research laboratories in CDFD based on their research interest.
1.Candidates pursuing M.Sc./M.Pharm/M.Tech (during any semester) or B.Pharm/B.Tech/Integrated M.Sc. (from the third year onwards) in any branch of Life Sciences are eligible to apply for this program.
2.The applicants should have first class throughout their Academic Career, i.e. 10th, Intermediate or 12th and Degree (till the previous semester).
Program Fee Details:
|| Without Accommodation
|₹ 30,000/- (25000/ + 5,000/-)
( Fee + Accommodation)
*The Fee is subject to revision from time to time
Science & Engineering Research Board(Scientific Social Responsibility) Training Programme:The SERB (SSR) training conducted by CDFD is a short term intense training program for students of M.Sc in Universities to undergo training in the SERB extramural funded projects at CDFD.
Recruitment of Project Assistants and Associates:CDFD admits Project Assistants and Project Associates in different externally funded projects. Vacancies under these projects are advertised periodically and candidates are encouraged to apply against the advertisement. Candidates are selected through rigorous selection procedure.